Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Installing Ati Radeon X1400 Drivers on Windows8

I really had a hard time trying to get the right drivers for Windows 8. Installing the old drivers from my previous post on this topic failed. I tried various things like modding old drivers. http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php Changing the inf files to make it think that it is a supported driver.. didnt work either.. After a lot of looking I found a Windows 7 driver that works perfectly with Windows 8 as well. Here is the link the download with instructions.... Working Windows 8 Drivers for ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 I hope this helps save time for others who are trying to get their Windows 8 PC running on X1400 Radeon Graphics Card.

6 comments:

live said...

Thank You very much.. that saved my day.. :)

live said...

:( but like doesn't work.. gives database error. may be I need to check some other day

John said...

yep looks like the link is dead can you upload somewhere else.

Thanks

Lienime ♥ said...

Hi! I have the same problem exactly but your link takes me to a dead forum. Do you have any idea how to get it?
Thanks!!!

Lienime ♥ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HS said...

I have a Lenovo T60 with a ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 graphics accelerator. I got the ATI Legacy driver v.10.2 installed in Windows 7 and 8 (both 32 bit) the following way:

1. Download the legacy driver for Windows Vista. The download file is the same for both 32 and 64 bit versions:
32 bit: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.7&lang=English
64 bit: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13&lang=English

2. Download the modtool from http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php

3. Follow the instructions provided at the modtool page

4. If you are using Windows 8 then you have to set the modified setup file to compatibility mode. Set it to Windows 7 (or perhaps Vista, but Windows 7 worked for me). To do so right click the modified driver setup file, choose Properties -> Compatibility -> Check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' -> Choose windows 7 from the dropdown. Click OK. Run the driver setup file. This step has to be done in step 6 in the modtool guide.

I hope it works for you too!